INFORMATION GRENADIER 2014
The international military competition GRENADIER is organised in cooperation
between Waffenkreis Infanterie/ Vienna Officers Association and HQ Bn 7/ 7th
InfBrig. The competition demands from all participants a high standard of military
knowledge and proficiency as well as flexibility, teamwork and the ability to cope
During the competition the participants get a lot of instructions and training. So the
competition will result in a high level of motivation and experience of the
In this week of exercise the teams will get instruction on Austrian infantry-weapons
and equipment. During the competition there will be stations with tests in general-
and infantry specific skills like NBC, signal-service, first aid, tactics, orientation but also
courage- and endurance tests.
One day is reserved for an alpine-march to give the soldiers the possibility to
achieve the "Edelweiß-Badge" of the Austrian Gebirgsjäger (mountain infantry).
Additionally there will be theoretical test about military basic knowledge, life fire
exercises with assault-rifle, pistol, sniper rifle and other infantry weapons.
Language of the exercise is English and German.
Host of GRENADIER 2014 is the 7th Headquarter Battalion and the commander of the
Battalion COL MEURERS.
Last year soldiers of 15 nations parcitipated on the GRENADIER 2013.
TIME AND LOCATION
- Arrival: latest 24th August 1800
- Competition: 25th to 28th August
- Departure: 29th August recomended. (until 1200)
- Location: Training Area GLAINACH / Carinthia / Austria
- Comparing own military skills with teams from other nations
- Exchange of experience and techniques
- Advancement of international contacts and partnership regarding international missions
- Physical and mental strength
- Profound military knowledge
- Practical military skills
GROUP OF PARTICIPANTS
- Soldiers of the Austrian Armed Forces
- Soldiers of foreign Armed Forces (active or reserve)
- Members of Austrian or foreign police forces
- 33 teams max., each 3 persons (99 participants max.)
- 1 person in charge max. for each team (33 persons max.)
Equipment you don't carry with you - you won't have!!!
We recommend to carry along the following equipment:
3 BDU's (minimum two for the exercise and one for the awards ceremony), sleeping bag, backpack, canteen, mess tin, compass, flashlight/torch, first aid kit, knife, gloves, cold weather- and rain protection, pen and writing pad (water proof).
the participation is at your own risk!
personal health insurance (travel insurance) is recommended in case of injury.
The organizer and/or the Austrian army can not be held liable in case of injury!
All damages or injuries have to be covered by personal liability- or casualty insurance.
Due to the danger of being infected with TBE (tick-borne encephalitis) by ticks in the whole training area, a vaccination against TBE is advisable!!!